College essay prompts are one of the most important parts of the writing process. Here is a list of tips on how an applicant should respond.
1. Write about a local issue or event and how it affects you as a student?
This is an example of a question that seeks to know your knowledge on current events. Give an honest answer and lean towards being a socially involved student because this University obviously gives importance to socially-aware students.
2. Living or dead, who is your favorite person?
The most appropriate response for this is someone who has influenced you to become part of the University.
3. What does “I have a dream” by Martin Luther King Jr. speech mean to you?
This question tests your capability to analyze a speech and relate it to current events or situation in your life.
4. If you were to develop a new University rule and regulation, what would it be and why?
In answering this college essay question, be informative and smart to show them that you are aware of common rules and regulations.
5. Discuss a movie, song, work of art, novel, or a scientific theory that has a great significance to you.
They would like to know your interests and how you express yourself. Make this essay entertaining and witty to show your creative side and diligence.
6. What do you consider as your greatest accomplishment as a student?
This is not about your grades and exams as accomplishments. Instead, they want to learn about the creative projects or student organizations that you are part of.
7. Where is the most special place you have ever been? Why?
This question is usually asked to conclude the environment you grew up in or if you travel often. Give them a sincere answer by showing descriptions of the place.
8. If you were to change one historical event, what would it be and why?
This college essay question requires your expertise on historical events and your attention to detail. Express yourself by giving them clear reasons for changing these events.
9. What is the importance of College education?
They would like to rate your determination and thrive for knowledge that will make or break your application.
10. If you were not accepted to this University, what would you do?
This is a trick question, always remember that answer to college essay prompt thoughtfully by explaining how important it was for you to get in the University, but don’t sound too desperate.
These are helpful tips and examples of college essay prompts to help you with your college essay.